Drawings Of Goats Free Drawing Lesson.
These drawings of goats are a step by step guide on how to draw a goat. My sketches of animals are usually the first step to creating drawings or paintings to sell as designs or original pieces of art.
1. I start with a vague impression of where the little family of goats are standing, which in this drawing is a straw strewn pen. I use shapes and lines to break the animals down and give me a guide to hang details on. The heads are ovals and in the case of the adult goat a slanting triangular shape.
2. This is a close up of the adult animal.
3. I divide the goat's face so I will know where to place the eyes. I sketch the jaw, ears and horns. This is all quite vague at this stage.
4. Now I draw more carefully following the guide lines. I take my time here.
5. I draw the front legs and add a little tone. I sketch in straw at the feet.
6. I work across the head and the rest of the body using lines and licks to add the wooly coat. I finish the eyes and add more details to the face and horns.
7. This is a close up of the kids.
8. I draw the head of the first animal. The shape of the head and snout is quite straightforward but I take more time to add the one visible eye and ears. They need to be positioned correctly.
9. Now I use the same technique I did with the adult. Lines and flecks to draw the foreleg and back.
10. Same idea with the back legs and hind quarters.
11. I go over the entire animal defining the form and adding tone where I feel I need it.
12. I do the same for the other kid but in less stages as I intend for it to have a lighter appearance.
13. The final drawing.
Drawing Animals from drawings of goats.